Wednesday, July 28, 2010

{ Thank your Mr. Tuesday }



"Do the MADDY face...you're so cute when you're mad." 
- my husband

Lately, as in....the last year of our marriage, I've become the nagging wife. I mean, its probably not that bad, but in my defense, sometimes I feel like my man doesn't take me seriously and... I end up crying. Then I realize that its probably because I'm being ridiculous.

I've realized that I have become that woman who gets really upset when her husband throws his stuff on the table after a long day of work, that she just cleaned. And harps on him about it. Who gets upset when her husband lets the toothpaste bottle get water all over it without cleaning it and leaves it on the counter. And harps on him about it. Who also gets upset when he makes a request for her to try keeping her word, or showing love to him by cooking for him more often, or not making him feel less than by interrupting him or making fun of him in front of others. 
Yes... I do these things.

That is a hard pill to swallow!

Recently, it has struck me: I have such a good life. I have such a good husband. Who really loves me. Who lovingly and devotedly provides for me without complaint. Whos main focus is to make sure I'm happy, and being the best I can be. Who always, and I mean, always supports me in anything I want to do (thats within reason lol). Who always makes me feel as though I can conquer the world. Who faithfully holds up and looks after his family, doing everything he can (literally) to make our lives better.

It got me thinking. Instead of using my words in a negative way - I should use them in a positive way. (DUH) Instead doing things that have a negative impact, I should put much more effort into doing things that will bring a positive impact. (What a revelation!) 

But, for real: Not just for me, not just for us. For him. Because, he is a very good man, and an excellent husband. And I want to bless him.

This Tuesday, I want to say thank you to my husband for helping me see the better in me. =0) Love you Froggie

~

A few scriptures I've been inspired by:

A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day;
Proverbs 27:15

Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.
Proverbs 19:14

The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
Proverbs 14:1

A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.
Proverbs 12:4

No comments:

Post a Comment