Friday, April 23, 2010

One of my favorite Sounds...



After I have turned down the lights and put on a cozy nightgown, curled up in bed with a fresh cup of water on the nightstand and the moonlight is gleaming through the curtains in the window... I hear it. One of my favorite sounds in the world - the sound of the late night train. 

Its sweet, friendly whistle all but personally sings me a lullaby at the end of each day (though I like to think it does :).  I'm not sure what it is that I love so much about the sound. I would love to work on a train. Just to ride it all night. Or all day for that matter. Just ride it for a while without worrying when I need to get off - I don't care where. Its a much more enjoyable means of transportation..falling asleep to the rocking of the train. 

I suppose its much like how I loved hearing the sound of the jets fly over my grandparents house early in the morning before the sun was up when I was little. Perhaps it reminds me there are a few up and about like myself when it seems like the whole world is asleep. Reminds me life is still moving. 

I though't I share some things a train makes me think of, and why I love them.

Couldn't help it :)

Travel

Love

Scenery

People















Adventure






















History
What is your favorite sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment