Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Culprit


I wandered into my kitchen to find an inviting snack sitting there as though it would have all but jumped into the microwave to cook itself for me this morning.

This year, I made a resolution that I would not be eating processed foods - strictly organic. I have been reading, and recently finished a wonderfully inspiring book called 'Fit For my King' by Sheri Rose Shepherd, a former Miss America. She tells the story of her climb to fame, her fall and her ultimate rise when she finally finds and welcomes Jesus into her heart and makes Him King of her life. This book is a wonderful daily-devotional full of humor, love, hope and encouragement - not to mention some of the best tips on really loosing weight ever. I was doing very well, I would say for about a month and a half.

Until...today. Until...IT was STARING AT ME.

I tried to hide from it...















But when I peeked over the counter after focusing hard on picking up a piece of wilted lettuce from last nights dinner (as though THATS going to help..) ....it was still there. STARING AT ME. (Insert Jaws Theme here).

*sigh. Lets just say attempting to ignore the pretty, buttery, salty, happy looking package did not work.
















I probably resembled the beast as I shoved handfuls of kernels in my mouth, too:
















I hate you Jaws.

1 comment: