Sunday, January 9, 2011

{ Illusionist - Reading List: Sneak Peek }


Sweet Alternate Universes - wait for me!
I'll be visiting you in no time :)

(Click to enlarge)


These little prettys were salvaged from Savers (a Southern Thrift Shop) for probably close to $20 total at max - and many of these are Best Sellers! I've paid anywhere from $ .99 - $1.99 per book. I've had to put many more down that I would have preferred to buy as well...some that I still think about and wish I had! Each time I go to visit, I try to only walk away with less than $10 worth (I've only made about 3 trips thus far), until I've read into them a bit - but some are too good to pass up. So, when I'm snuggling into bed at night, with my lamp light on and a fresh cup of water by the bedside, I peek over at this happy little stack and am flooded with giddyness - each and every time.

---------------------
The List

Man and Boy Tony Parsons
The Known World Edward P. Jones
White Oleander Janet Fitch
Gentlemen and Players Joanne Harris
Charming Billy Alice McDermott
Out Stealing Horses Per Petterson
The Glass Castle Jeannette Walls
The Hours Michael Cunningham
One Thousand White Women Jim Fergus
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie Alan Bradley
Best Friends Martha Moody
What the Stones Remember Lane
The Time Traveler's Wife Audrey Niffenegger
The Reader Bernhard Schlink
The Heretics Daughter Kathleen Kent
The Memory Keepers Daughter Kim Edwards
Mother of Pearl Melinda Haynes
---------------------

Reading Complete (Since Oct 2010):
(Reviews have started here)

Water for Elephants Sara Gruen
Harvesting Ice Lawrence Cirelli
Bel Ami Guy de Maupassant
The Widower Liesel Litzenburger
The Birth of Venus Sarah Dunant
Evermore Alyson Noel
The Secret Life of Bees Sue Monk Kidd
Bel Canto Ann Patchett
---------------------

Currently Reading:

Three Junes Julia Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment